- 2–3 pound rump roast or chuck roast
- 3 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (.87 oz) pkg. brown gravy mix
- Trim any excess fat off of roast. Then slice the roast into 2 inch slices across the grain. Coat the slices in the ranch dressing mix. Place the roast into the Instant Pot and pour in the beef broth.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and make sure valve is set to seal. Cook on high pressure 60 minutes. Then allow the pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes. Then switch valve to vent to release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the pieces of meat. Leave in slices or shred. Turn on to sauté and make the gravy by slowly whisking the package of gravy mix. If gravy isn’t thick enough, then add in a cornstarch slurry to thicken to the desired consistency. Serve with mashed potatoes. Serves 6.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American