- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 3 to 4 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the yeast, warm water and sugar. Allow to sit for 1 minute.
- Add 3 cups of the flour and salt. Mix with the dough hook until combined, adding more flour if necessary. You want the dough pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Cover and allow to raise for 10 min. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of the butter and brush on the bottom of a baking sheet. Roll dough out flat into a 9 x 13 rectangle and place onto the cookie sheet.
- Combine all topping ingredients and spread over the top of the dough. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into 12 breadsticks.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. I like to then cut the breadsticks in half. Makes 12 servings.
- Category: Breads
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bread, breadsticks, soft breadsticks